I have given this a lot of thought. I have turned it over and over, back and forth and round and round in my head. I even did a little “research” with some other blogs. What is troubling me so you ask, awards. I was thoroughly HONORED by Anita at Discovering Your Happiness blog to be nominated for two different awards; the Awesome Blogger Award and the Versatile Blogger Award. Now … should I be award free or not?
My dilemma centers around nominations. I am loyal to a fault and don’t know how to pick only 5 or 10 or 15 blogs that I enjoy. I simply don’t want to leave anyone out. I love the blogs I follow and would follow more if I had time to read more. How do I pick just a handful?
Then in my research I found a couple of blogs that altered the rules… is that allowed? Can they do that? Well they did and so am I. I would nominate each and everyone that reads this. I have yet to find any content on WordPress that I would say I hate. And I just can’t leave anyone out because I remember what it was like getting picked last for any team, no fun at all. But I will continue with the rest of the awards in the “proper” manner.
Rules for the Awesome Blogger Award:
• Thank the person who nominated you & include the reason behind the award.
• Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
• Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
• Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
• Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
• Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
Anita’s Questions –
- What part of the world are you from? I am in the middle of (nowhere mostly) the USA in the state of Iowa. It is not much more than soybean and corn fields between towns but there are spots of magic here and there.
- What made you start your blog? Stress, depression, anxiety… it was an outlet for my troubles and has turned into more. I love the discipline of writing everyday.
- What is your favourite movie? This is a hard one. I just loved the job Bette Midler did in The Rose and the music was fantastic. The Color Purple I stop and watch almost every time I see it too. Then there was the one I went to the theater to see 7 times growing up… Grease. And awesome music in The Big Chill, and a sappy romance in You’ve Got Mail and … and…
- Have you traveled, if so where? Only minor traveling within the US but I dream I will see the oceans and some mountains before I die.
- Whats the meaning behind your blog name? It is a pen name I came up with when I was in junior high school… it is loosely based on my name. I like the freedom of anonymity and it “protects” those I write about in my stress too.
- What is a fun fact about you? I’m 50 years old and I have never had a broken bone still.
- Do you believe in life after death? A tough question, but I think I do… and the possibility of a second chance with reincarnation.
- What is your favourite food? Pasta! Haven’t found a pasta dish I dislike.
- What do you do to calm the mind? For everyday stuff it is music, or if I can a walk at the park. Then I have prescription medication when my anxiety is off the charts.
- What is your proudest moment? The birth of my daughter by far! She is the world to me and I am proud of her for everything she does.
My questions to all you wonderful people
- What is your favorite season?
- Books or movies?
- What is your favorite drink?
- Telephone or text?
- Do you have a teacher you remember fondly from school?
- Board game or card game?
- What is your favorite thing to write about or style to write?
- DVD or movie theater?
- What was your favorite gift ever – to give or to get?
- A treadmill in the gym/at home or a walk outside?
Please have fun with these questions and play along as you are all winners to me!
Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award, and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate 10 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Share 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
Once again a HUGE THANK YOU to Anita at Discovering Your Happiness. I am most honored with this nomination as I try to not always do the same thing. Her blog is growing by leaps and bounds you should check it out!
And as I have said before you are all nominated because you are all a fantastic part of this blog world!
Seven things about me –
- I have never ridden on a train or subway.
- I don’t know how to drive a manual transmission car.
- I took a modern dance class instead of gym in high school.
- I had a paper route when I was growing up.
- I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show experience.
- My first date was when I was 18 years old… incredibly shy.
- I don’t like carnival rides that go upside down.
One more thank you to Anita and a big congratulations to all who are winners (that’s YOU!) and I really hope some of you will participate! Keep writing and being as awesome as you are. (((HUGS)))