“Wait a minute. Just let me stash these groceries away and then I will come in there.” Molly began emptying the grocery sacks.
Jake was in the office and he hollered back to her, “Okay honey. This is just so funny you have to see it.”
Molly put the last of the groceries into the cupboard and began to head out of the kitchen when her phone rang. “Hello?”
“Is this Molly Jensen?” the voice on the other end asked.
“Yes, this is.”
“This is Phyllis from Com-Tech Services, your computer is ready to be picked up.”
Molly thought to herself, why couldn’t they have called before I got home? “Alright, I will swing in this afternoon to pick it up.” She hung up the phone and sighed. Heading towards the office she said, “Jake I have to run out again, the computer is ready. Want to come with?”
“No thanks. I am on a roll with clearing out my email, I hate to stop now,” Jake said as he opened a window on the computer. “This is what I wanted to show you Molly.”
“I think this would be great for John in California… get him back for all those horrible tornado and blizzard jokes he sends us.”
Molly chuckled a little and said, “That is really bad… the way he loves puns though, you’re right it would be perfect for him.”
Written for Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (FOWC) – stash
Sadje at Keep It Alive has so kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. You should really check her blog out. She does poetry, flash fiction and photos… a well rounded blog! THANK YOU so much Sadje! 😊
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positiveness and creativity in the blogging community.
The rules are:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award, write them 11 new questions and notify them about the nomination.
- What is your favorite time of the day? Probably midafternoon. I am fully away and have worked out the kinks of the day, I have a little time for myself before my boyfriend is off work and I feel the loneliness that haunts my night.
- How strict are you with yourself, regarding health? I wish stronger… I have a sweet tooth and give in to it far too often. Exercise has been put on hold during the shut down as I did aqua therapy and the pools are closed. I would like to lose some weight and be more aware of my food. I have an app I am starting to use and with any luck my health will improve.
- Do you follow back a blogger who follows your blog? I did when I first started, but learned fast there is only so much time to read. I will however be more apt to follow back if they are engaged with my blog with commenting.
- How do you deal with criticism in real life? Better than I used to. With both anxiety and depression I was at a point where everything was “my fault” even if I had nothing to do with it; that is the nature of the disease.
- How do you deal with criticism in the blogging world? I would love to hear any constructive criticism about my writing… that is how we improve. Just don’t be a jerk about saying it.
- Any ideas about how we can turn the current situation to our advantage? Continue to connect more with our immediate circle. Stay home and play a game together, binge watch something together… don’t put too many priorities in your life ahead of your family time. Also staying home more would reduce gas consumption and pollution.
- Are you a dessert person? Cake, pie, cookies, brownies, ice cream… yeah I love it all! And unfortunately it shows!
- What colors do you like to wear? Red, purple, black, grey and some green.
- What color decor you like around you, in your home? Blue, green and purple … at least that is the plan. Right now we are still in process of the kitchen remodel which will be white and blue.
- What is your favorite place to write from? The comfort of my own recliner. Preferably with a little music playing. But I do always have paper and pen with me for when inspiration strikes me.
- Do you like getting Blogging awards? Who doesn’t like being recognized. I am really bad though about narrowing down my followers list to pick the limited number I award, so I open it up to all. I don’t want to leave anyone out… I wouldn’t be following them if I didn’t like their work. And answering the questions is fun.
- Ok, you write a blog, so do you also play word games of any kind?
- Do you have any other type of creative outlet besides writing? Art, sewing, photography, jewelry making, etc.?
- Do you listen to anything while you write or does it need to be quiet?
- Are you an avid book reader?
- Name a country you would love to visit if the world wasn’t shut down because of the virus.
- Have you ever written a poem about someone and gave it to them?
- Is there an author (living or dead) that you would love to sit down and talk to for an hour?
- Have you ever met a fellow blogger or interacted off WordPress?
- Cake or pie?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is the strangest movie you have ever seen?
This is where I should nominate 11 bloggers… instead I nominate all my followers cause you are all pretty neato and this will be fun to do! 😁
Thanks to Sadje again and to all who join in! Have a great day! 🌺
He was her world
She put him
High on a pedestal
Never to offend him
Never to annoy him
He began to deny
This lofty position
Which puzzled her
He saved her
Gave her a new life
How could this be
Then he grew distant
He seemed to become
Ambivalent towards her
She tried to cling tighter
It only drove him away
Silence became deafening
And she felt alone
Like she had
For all those years
Before he changed her life
With just one question
Written for Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (FOWC) – ambivalent
(Photo by Máximo from Pexels)
I have a special photograph
One of you smiling
It’s one of the few things
I have left that still
Connects me to you
You took so much of us
When you left
You slammed the door
On all our dreams and promises
But you forgot one crucial thing
I still hold you in my heart
And that is one way
You will always be mine
Written for Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (FOWC) – photograph
(Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels)
One thing about Fran was she was fickle
Would turn on the charm and then let it trickle
Like the sticky syrup of a melting popsicle
She’d promise you millions, then give you a nickel
Oh, forget about her, let’s go get a pickle
That nonsense was written for Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (FOWC) – fickle
… and I believe I said last night there is ALWAYS a song. How about this one?
Ok, when I saw this prompt my mind instantly thought of music… there is ALWAYS a song. To honor those who worked hard and didn’t get to shine, I am sharing a video I found of Will The Circle Be Unbroken sung by a school choir who had their spring concert cancelled because of the pandemic. Hope you enjoy…
For Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (FOWC) – circle
Up and down or
Give and take;
Most of the time
Life is back and forth.
But once in a while
You find a little leverage
And you can
Tip the scales
In your favor.
Be careful however,
If you push too much
You might just be
Pulled off your feet.
Written for Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (FOWC) – leverage
“I think it is important to leave a little piece of yourself behind for the next generation. Give them a Legacy they are proud to be a part of, give them Legacy Films.” The woman turned towards the two men seated in chairs at the opposite end of the table. The man on the left just shrugged his shoulders, but the one on the right said, “I think I like it. We may have to do some rebranding. But I honestly think this will be good for our business. The woman discretely let her breath out that she had been holding. “If you two gentlemen wait right here, I will get Nancy to come in with all the paperwork then.”
The woman left the room and headed across the hall to her boss’s office. “Nancy, we did it. We got the account for Legacy Films.” Nancy stood and shook her hand, “Donna, you should be proud of this one. I think you are going to go far in advertising.”
Written for Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (FOWC) – legacy
(photo from cottonbro at Pexels)
Every Friday Fandango asks us to look back through our past entries on this date of a previous year. This week we go back to 2017 When I was posting a weekly “Monochrome Monday” picture at the time. That is what I will share today…
Monochrome Monday – Horizontal Tree
This week I am also posting for the Weekly Photo Challenge as well as my Monochrome Monday. This was a picture from a bridge after a rain storm, I thought it fit the reflecting challenge quite well. Have a great week everyone!
Reek, rank, rancid…
My life has spoiled!
It stinks right now
And I can’t get the smell out.
Only your cologne
Would cover the stench
Of loneliness and despair
And make me breathe easy.
Breathe in your
Fresh air of positivity
And leave the stagnant smell
Of a life of negativity behind.
Written for Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (FOWC) – rank