I have sat here watching the cursor blink off and on for far too long with no clear direction in mind. There are a lot of little moments of happiness but not any one thing that stands out better than the rest.
- I took my car to the repair shop to get my door replaced… got a nice little Camry to drive until it is fixed.
- The snow that fell yesterday all melted away today.
- I got a book in on hold at the library I have been looking forward to reading
- I made it to an Al-anon meeting and saw some people I haven’t seen for a while
- I got a text from a friend I hadn’t heard from in a while
- Finally made plans with my daughter to get together for lunch this week
All good things, but not one that stands out. I could even add the adorable smile from a cute little girl at the library who was waiting with her mom when I walked in. Happiness some days is all around us in small but wonderful doses.
After seeing Rent and fixing Thanksgiving dinner, my body revolted and I have been fighting some major fatigue. Forgive me for another late double day post.
Day 77 – Wow… today was a case of sticker shock. I took my car into the repair shop after the woman backed into me in the clinic parking lot. I was prepared for the estimate I thought, wrong. He got to the bottom line number to only have a door repaired and after he said, “One thousand…” I kind of blanked out before he added six hundred and sixteen. From that moment on I spent the rest of the day so happy I had car insurance to cover it!
Day 78 – This was a tough day. With the change in temperature outside and the level of activity recently I am fighting the pain today. But better than a heating pad is a cat that likes to cuddle and today my cat was feeling friendly. I think maybe she was feeling the increased cold in the air too. No matter why she was on my lap doesn’t matter, her warmth and love made me feel happy.