I was tagged by Sadje at Keep It Alive for the Decade Tag.
The Decade Tag was created by Jesusluvsall.
Play along guidelines –
Please share a link with the creator of the tag – jesusluvsall.wordpress.com.
Share some of your highlights over the past decade, and if you want a few low points
Tag whoever you wish to.
Ask them some questions.
Use any picture appropriate for such a tag.
The last decade for me…
- I finally had my depression diagnosis and began to get help to cope with it. Starting to go to my therapist is the best thing I ever did.
- I met someone who became my best friend and still is to this day.
- I started my blog.
- I met my boyfriend of 7 years now.
- I “adopted” a three legged cat who became my shadow and we rescued a “runt of the liter” from a farm to become our spoiled princess cat.
- My daughter graduated, got a job and moved into her own place. I think this is both a highlight (I’m so proud of her) and a low point (empty nest syndrome)
- I moved into my first apartment at 43 when I left my alcoholic husband.
- I got my diagnosis of fibromyalgia and began to get treatments to help somewhat.
- My daughter became engaged.
- I moved into the house that I grew up in that was left to me and my sister.
- My daughter became store manager at the coffee shop she works at.
- I made it to 17 years survival from breast cancer.
- But the last ten years held a lot of loss… the death of my mom, my three legged cat, and my father. I also divorced after 20 years of marriage
- How are you planning to spend the next decade in improving your health? I am trying to lose some weight by eating smaller portions and more fruits and vegetables. There is not many exercises I can do that won’t flare my fibro but I have started water therapy.
- Have you noticed your tastes in music, literature and clothing change drastically over the last 10 years? Not really. I still enjoy all genres of music. I don’t read as much as I used to now with short term memory problems. And I have become much more comfortable with what I wear – comfort over looks.
- How would you rate your last decade in terms of achieving life goals? There were many major changes for me this last decade but life goals… probably the discipline I get from daily blogging. I have worked a lot on my writing and hope I entertain some of you a little.
- Do you think our planet will be doing well in the next decade? I can’t see it going any direction other than worse. We MUST get leaders who are concerned with the planet’s health and welfare or there will be no way to sustain human life any longer down the road. We all can do our part by electing officials that care, We can reduce, reuse and recycle.
This is where I am supposed to tag people to do this… but I hate to leave anyone out. So, you are all encouraged to answer these same questions and let us know how your decade went. Thanks again Sadje!